Our location at Lido Marina Village offers easy access to the gorgeous Newport Harbor. Where boaters can soak up the sun, dock at one of the many dining options, or just cruise and soak up the sun. The place is surrounded by Restaurants. See the places down here.
No boating license required. Our boats are very easy to operate, about as easy as driving a golf cart. The only requirement is the driver must be 21 years of age or older.
We have plenty of parking at the multi-level Lido Village public parking,(3424 Via Lido) Parking is always validated. We recommend to carpool as much as possible. Valet Parking available Monday - Sunday 12pm - 6pm.
You are welcome to bring your own cooler. There are no open container laws prohibiting possession or consumption of alcohol on your boat or other vessel. It is important to note, however, that the same laws apply to the captain as the driver of a motor vehicle; If you’re over the CA legal limit, you can receive a DUI.
For your convenience, restrooms are available inside our building. We do not have lockable lockers, but we do have cubbies/drawers. While we have NEVER had an issue with theft, we cannot make any guarantees as to the safety of your belongings while you’re out on your rental. As such, we suggest leaving as many items as possible in your car and using the cubbies for clothes and keys.
- Same day cancellations will result in a no call/ no show. As a result, you forfeit your chance to receive and voucher or a reschedule.
- You may reschedule or request a digital Raincheck Voucher for any cancellation request received between 24 hours to 5 days prior to your cruise.
- All requests must be made online by replying to the confirmation email received upon reserving your cruise from email@example.com.
- A weekday cruise may only be rescheduled or rainchecked for another weekday cruise.
Furry friends under 25 lbs are welcome.
we do charge a pet cleaning fee of $25.
We recommend getting here at least 20 minutes before to get checked in and find parking.
Yes we do for all ages. Kids 12 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket. We do have life jackets for infants as well. If the infant is in a car seat or Baby carrier they aren't required to wear one but we give you one anyway to have on board. All adult life jackets are underneath your seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Article 1. General
- Unless otherwise defined in these terms and conditions, all terms used shall have the following definitions.
- EB RENTAL LTD: EB RENTAL LTD., a user of these general terms and conditions. EB RENTAL LTD rents out vessels.
- Lessee: each natural person who enters into an agreement with EB RENTAL LTD, or who receives an offer that is governed by these general terms and conditions. If Lessee is a legal entity, please refer to the general terms and conditions for commercial use.
Article 2. General rules
- EB RENTAL LTD rents out vessels. Lessee shall behave in accordance with these general rules and will always bear responsibility for the compliance by all passengers with all general rules. Should Lessee (or a person in Lessee’s party) not comply with the general rules, EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to terminate the agreement with Lessee with immediate effect. In such an event, there will be no right of restitution for any amount yet paid.
EB RENTAL LTD has two sorts of registered users:
- (Paid) boat club membership: Lessee pays a membership fee and may reserve a dedicated vessel. Any sailing hours will be collected through direct debit afterward. See articlefor more information about the membership.
- (Free) registered user: Through a free account Lessee may easily rent a vessel at regular rates.
Non-members may rent a vessel without entering a membership and without registering for the boat club.
- General opening hours of EB RENTAL LTD are indicated on the website and are subject to changes. During these opening hours, Lessee can rent a boat immediately depending on the availability of the fleet.
- EB RENTAL LTD reserves the right to apply special rates on any holiday, including but not limited to Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, and the Newport Beach Christmas Parade week.
- A Lessee should be 21 or older.
- Vessels are suitable for carrying up to 8 or 10 people depending on the model. 7. Vessels may not be operated while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. 8. Lessee shall not leave the vessel unattended while the vessel is in use.
- Safety above all, never take risks.
- Always stay on the starboard (right) side and maintain such a speed that no unnecessary beating of the waves is caused. Always abide by the maximum speed limits.
- Commercial shipping (including round-trip boats) always have right of way.
- Make sure that others can see which way you are going. Approach bridges in such a way that you are visible for any oncoming traffic.
- You may not operate a vessel while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. o You may not moor the vessel to trees, under or at bridges, and at places at which prohibition signs apply.
- People live on and at the water, respect their privacy. Please make sure not to cause any (noise) nuisance.
Article 3. The membership
- A Lessee who enters into a (paid) Boat Club membership, does so for at least twelve calendar months. The membership will automatically renew until canceled for another 12 consecutive months at the end of each term unless advised 20 days prior.
- Boat Club members may pay their membership fee annually or monthly. Direct debit or Visa payments always apply.
- Upon commencement of the membership, Lessee will pay a $500.00 security deposit. This deposit will be returned at the end of the membership period provided the Lessee is in good standing and all damages or late fees have been paid.
- Members have the same responsibility for damages as regular hourly rentals. The regular rental contract applies for each rental made by a club member.
- Refer to EB RENTAL LTD membership agreement for further details. The boat club members are subject to regular terms and conditions plus the rules and regulations of the boat club. The rules and regulations are confidential and sent to members only. The rules and regulations apply as they are amended by the club.
Article 4. The rental period: beginning, extension, end
- The rental period begins at the prior arranged time. A Lessee who is not present at the said time to collect the vessel is not entitled to compensation by adjustment of the rental period to a later time.
- If it is possible to extend the rental period, a text message will be sent to the Lessee with instructions about 1 hour before the return is scheduled. Should an extension be possible (EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to refuse extensions) the proposed rate (on the text message) applies. EB RENTAL LTD will then extend the rental period to the time as requested and charge the Credit Card on file. If the Lessee does not receive an offer to extend, the boat is deemed not available and must be returned as scheduled.
- Should Lessee not return the vessel at the stipulated time; all extra time will be charged with a double hourly regular rate. Lessee is also responsible for reimbursement of all damages incurred by EB RENTAL LTD because of the late return of the vessel.
- Lessee will return the vessel clean and without garbage to EB RENTAL LTD at the end of the rental period. Should the vessel be returned in a dirty state, Lessee may have to pay cleaning fees Listed on the EB RENTAL LTD Rules and Safety Regulations signed before departure.
- When the vessel is returned, Lessee shall moor the vessel properly at the intended ropes and carbine hooks.
Article 5. Obligations EB RENTAL LTD and Lessee
- At the beginning of the rental period, EB RENTAL LTD will make sure that Lessee has the disposal of said vessel. EB RENTAL LTD will make sure that the vessel is in appropriate condition and the safety features as agreed on are available. EB RENTAL’s vessels will be suitable for their intended use.
- EB RENTAL will also make sure the vessel is properly insured (third party insurance, body, theft) for the area in which the ship will be used according to the agreement.
- Lessee is not allowed to surrender the vessel to a third party. Lessee will remain responsible at all times until the vessel is moored at the landing at EB RENTAL LTD. Should the vessel be, either
- activated or not activated, be moored/ left behind somewhere other than at the landing, late fees at $per hour will be charged until the boat is back to the rental center. Any other costs will be recovered from Lessee as well. (Ex. towing and staff fees)
- Lessee will abide by all applicable rules. Should Lessee not be aware of all sailing rules, Lessee should contact EB RENTAL LTD. Lessee is assumed to have all skills necessary for safe sailing.
- Lessee will check prior to departure whether all necessary safety equipment is on board. Should this not be in order, Lessee is to contact EB RENTAL LTD before departing.
- Lessee will take care of the vessel with due diligence and may only use it for purposes suitable to the nature of the vessel. Lessee may not make any adjustments to the vessel. Any repairs will only be done by EB RENTAL LTD unless otherwise agreed.
- Lessee will use the vessel according to the directions/ instructions given by EB RENTAL LTD and/or the manuals. Lessee will be liable for all damages resulting from not (fully) complying with the directions/ instructions by EB RENTAL LTD or the manual.
- At the end of the rental period, Lessee will surrender the vessel to EB RENTAL LTD at the agreed place and time. The vessel, including its inventory, shall be returned in the same state as it was at the beginning of the rental period.
Article 6. Credit card and payment
- Lessees authorize EB RENTAL LTD to charge the credit card on file used to rent the boat up to 5 days after the rental period. Lessee will pay the agreed on rental rate, damages or late charges.
- A Lessee who has a membership with EB RENTAL LTD will pay this amount once upon commencement of the membership. The deposit will be returned to Lessee within 10 working days after the end of the membership. Members pay through direct debit or Credit Card.
- EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to fully or partly keep the deposit in case of damage or when Lessee does not return the vessel to EB RENTAL LTD at the agreed-on time or in case of extension. Extra and/or surplus sailing time will be settled with the deposit in proportion in which 15-minute time-blocks will be used.
- Should Lessee not pay any rent due he is assumed to be in default. EB RENTAL LTD may then terminate the rental agreement permission and revoke the vessel immediately. EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to charge the legal interest on the amount due. Any costs EB RENTAL LTD incurs – both judicially and extra judicially – in the process of obtaining Lessee’s payment, are at Lessee’s expense.
Article 7. Damage and liability
- Lessee is liable for damage to the vessel as well as any damages caused by him or any member of his party to a third party within the rental period.
- Lessee is fully liable for all (subsequent) damage he causes should he use the vessel outside the agreed-on sailing area.
- Unless reduced liability insurance is purchased at the time of booking, the customer is fully (100%) responsible for any damages to our boats. EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to have the vessels brought back to the same state and conditions at Lessee's expense. Failure to accept or pay damages by the lessee within 30 days means EBR reserve rights to transfer the lessee to collections by local authority. Insurance liability does not apply to club members, club members are always 100% responsible.
- EB RENTAL LTD cannot be held liable for any personal injury or (subsequent) damage, regardless of the cause of said injury or damage, before, during, or resulting from the agreement between EB RENTAL LTD and Lessee, unless it is firmly established that this injury or damage was caused by EB RENTAL LTD or its subordinates through intent or gross negligence. EB RENTAL LTD's liability is always limited to at most the amount of the rental agreement.
- EB RENTAL LTD is not liable for the loss and/or damage to any items brought onto the vessel by Lessee.
Article 8. Cancellations
- You may reschedule, request a digital Rain check Voucher or request a full refund minus a 20$ processing fee for any cancellation request received at least 5 days prior to your cruise.
- You may reschedule or request a digital Rain check Voucher for any cancellation request received between 24 hours to 5 days prior to your cruise.
- All requests must be made online by replying to the confirmation email received upon reserving your cruise from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A weekday cruise may only be rescheduled, or rain checked for another weekday cruise.
Article 9. Force Majeure
- EB RENTAL LTD is not required to comply with any obligation if prevented from doing so as a result of a circumstance that is beyond their control and for which they cannot be held accountable by virtue of the law, a juristic act or generally accepted views. EB RENTAL LTD can suspend his contractual obligations during the period of force majeure. If the period of force majeure lasts for longer than three months, either party shall be entitled to dissolve the contract without being obliged to pay any compensation for damages to the other party. In this case, EB RENTAL LTD will remain entitled to demand payment for the services it supplied with respect to the performance of the contract before the circumstances that caused the force majeure became apparent.
- In these general conditions, force majeure is defined – in addition to that which is deemed as such by law and legal precedent – as all circumstances, foreseen or unforeseen, that are beyond the control of EB RENTAL LTD but which prevent EB RENTAL LTD from meeting his obligations. That includes fire, strikes, earthquake, pandemic, at EB RENTAL LTD’s business. EB RENTAL LTD is entitled to invoke force majeure if the circumstances rendering (further) fulfillment of the obligations impossible commence after the point in time on which EB RENTAL LTD should have fulfilled his obligations.
Article 10. Complaints and disputes
- Any complaints should be reported to EB RENTAL LTD in writing within a reasonable time.
- All legal relationships between EB RENTAL LTD and the Lessee to which these terms and conditions apply shall be governed by the laws of California and the United States of America. In the absence of mandatory rules of law to the contrary, the court in California has exclusive competent jurisdiction.
REV Mar, 2021